WebHare community

Build problems (libicui18n.64.dylib)

Keep running into build problems. Narrowed it down to two errors:

Pims-MacBook-Pro-2:projects pimkaptein$ wh mic
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/opt/icu4c/lib/libicui18n.64.dylib
Referenced from: /Users/pimkaptein/projects/webhare/whtree/bin/webhare
Reason: image not found

• Compiling /Users/pimkaptein/projects/webhare/harescript/utils/hsrun.cpp
    /Users/pimkaptein/projects/webhare/harescript/modules/git/git.cpp:184:39: error: no matching function for call to ‘git_remote_connect’
    ret = git_remote_connect(remote, GIT_DIRECTION_FETCH, &callbacks);
    ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    /usr/local/include/git2/remote.h:339:17: note: candidate function not viable: requires 5 arguments, but 3 were provided
    GIT_EXTERN(int) git_remote_connect(git_remote *remote, git_direction direction, const git_remote_callbacks *callbacks, const git_proxy_options *proxy_opts, const git_strarray *custom_headers);

Tried all the wh commands described on https://www.webhare.dev/reference/installation/fromsource, changed the icu4c version, but nothing gets it to work, even the “If you’re about to give up:” part.

Any pointers on how to proceed?

The git_remote_connet is caused by a recent libgit update, you’ll need to update webhare

for libicu, does running wh make clean first help?

Webhare is up to date. I have no open pulls on master.

wh make clean, then running a wh mic results in the first line

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/opt/icu4c/lib/libicui18n.64.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/pimkaptein/projects/webhare/whtree/bin/webhare
  Reason: image not found```

And somewhere down just before a speechbubble

```/Users/pimkaptein/projects/webhare/harescript/modules/git/git.cpp:184:39: error: no matching function for call to 'git_remote_connect'
                                ret = git_remote_connect(remote, GIT_DIRECTION_FETCH, &callbacks);```

Webhare is up to date. I have no open pulls on master.

This commit fixed the issue you mention.

The code your error refers to is not on line 184, so you’re somehow not up-to-date

It was my own issue. i forgot to change the repo of webhare. I was still using the old one (march was the last update).

Thanks for your time