WebHare community

Build problems (libicui18n.64.dylib)

Keep running into build problems. Narrowed it down to two errors:

Pims-MacBook-Pro-2:projects pimkaptein$ wh mic
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/opt/icu4c/lib/libicui18n.64.dylib
Referenced from: /Users/pimkaptein/projects/webhare/whtree/bin/webhare
Reason: image not found

• Compiling /Users/pimkaptein/projects/webhare/harescript/utils/hsrun.cpp
    /Users/pimkaptein/projects/webhare/harescript/modules/git/git.cpp:184:39: error: no matching function for call to ‘git_remote_connect’
    ret = git_remote_connect(remote, GIT_DIRECTION_FETCH, &callbacks);
    ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    /usr/local/include/git2/remote.h:339:17: note: candidate function not viable: requires 5 arguments, but 3 were provided
    GIT_EXTERN(int) git_remote_connect(git_remote *remote, git_direction direction, const git_remote_callbacks *callbacks, const git_proxy_options *proxy_opts, const git_strarray *custom_headers);

Tried all the wh commands described on https://www.webhare.dev/reference/installation/fromsource, changed the icu4c version, but nothing gets it to work, even the “If you’re about to give up:” part.

Any pointers on how to proceed?

The git_remote_connet is caused by a recent libgit update, you’ll need to update webhare

for libicu, does running wh make clean first help?

Webhare is up to date. I have no open pulls on master.

wh make clean, then running a wh mic results in the first line

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/opt/icu4c/lib/libicui18n.64.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/pimkaptein/projects/webhare/whtree/bin/webhare
  Reason: image not found```

And somewhere down just before a speechbubble

```/Users/pimkaptein/projects/webhare/harescript/modules/git/git.cpp:184:39: error: no matching function for call to 'git_remote_connect'
                                ret = git_remote_connect(remote, GIT_DIRECTION_FETCH, &callbacks);```

Webhare is up to date. I have no open pulls on master.

This commit fixed the issue you mention.

The code your error refers to is not on line 184, so you’re somehow not up-to-date

It was my own issue. i forgot to change the repo of webhare. I was still using the old one (march was the last update).

Thanks for your time

Apparently we have a new issue now. I used the command wh make clean-libs and after that i ran the brew list --versions icu4c and i downgraded to 66.1

Webhare now starts via the command wh console but it keeps posting errors in terminal

Application runner:Application system:managedqueue output: #840 (no task):   Referenced from: /usr/local/bin/node
Application runner:Application system:managedqueue output: #840 (no task):   Reason: image not found
Application runner:Application system:managedqueue output: Terminating JavaScript worker #840: Process exited before registering itself```

What do node -v and which node say?

Pims-MacBook-Pro-2:~ pimkaptein$ node -v
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/opt/icu4c/lib/libicui18n.67.dylib
  Referenced from: /usr/local/bin/node
Abort trap: 6
Pims-MacBook-Pro-2:~ pimkaptein$ which node
/usr/local/bin/node

This is not a WebHare issue but a (home)brew issue. You probably need to have brew update/upgrade/reinstall node. Make sure node -v works before you try to start WebHare.

True but when i use icu4c version 67.1 node works and node -v outputs 14.0.3. But my webhare won’t start and presents the error 66.1 icu4c lib not loaded. When i switch back to 66.1 webhare keeps running those errors just as node does.

Pims-MacBook-Pro-2:~ pimkaptein$ wh make clean-icu-provider
rm harescript/modules/icu/icu_provider.o
rm: harescript/modules/icu/icu_provider.o: No such file or directory
make: *** [clean-icu-provider] Error 1

________________________________________________________________________________________
           /                                                                                        \
           | Make failed. Read any errors above carefully (it might not be the last line that gives |
           | you the right clue). You can try 'wh fixbuild' once and see if it helps.               |
           |                                                                                        |
           | Read https://www.webhare.dev/reference/installation/fromsource - most common build     |
           | errors are described there.                                                            |
           |                                                                                        |
          /| If you're still stuck, ask for help on https://forum.webhare.dev/ and post as much of  |
 \\      / | the error log as possible of your *last* 'wh make' attempt that didn't generate any    |
  \\_   /  | further progress.                                                                      |
  ( _\      \_______________________________________________________________________________________/
  / \__
 / _/`"`
{\  )_

jgs """

True but when i use icu4c version 67.1 node works and node -v outputs 14.0.3. But my webhare won’t start and presents the error 66.1 icu4c lib not loaded.

That’s because WebHare refers tot 66.1 which is no longer present and the relevant parts need to be rebuilt. It’s hard to tell what without a full error log of the last wh make.

When i switch back to 66.1 webhare keeps running those errors just as node does.

Because 66.1 is not present on your system, but 67.1 is.

I’d just go for:

and brew a cup of coffee while you wait.

Pims-MacBook-Pro-2:~ pimkaptein$ wh mic
You have npm , we desire 5.3.0 or higher
If you want me to install it, type YES (in uppercase)

That happenend because i was “switched” to the non existing 66.1

I can’t really do anything more than point you to what the Bunny has already stated. If none of the ‘simpler’ cleanup steps fixes the build, throw away the build directory and rebuild from start.

All the individual troubleshooting steps are there to save some time rebuilding, but this is taking you more time than a full rebuild, so just go for that.

I did and i got a local webhare running now.

Thx once more for your time

I just ran into this issue too. If anyone else sees it, I’d like to know if https://gitlab.com/webhare/platform/-/merge_requests/378 helps you fix it without resorting to a full rebuild

(this is about icu, node-sass is something different)

Got the same issue now, console is spamming

Application runner:Application system:managedqueue output: #33 (no task): dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/opt/icu4c/lib/libicui18n.66.dylib
Application runner:Application system:managedqueue output: #33 (no task):   Referenced from: /usr/local/bin/node
Application runner:Application system:managedqueue output: #33 (no task):   Reason: image not found
Application runner:Application system:managedqueue output: Terminating JavaScript worker #33: Process exited before registering itself

I see the merge request is merged, and I’m on the latest commit, but it still seems to occur.

Application runner:Application system:managedqueue output: #33 (no task): dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/opt/icu4c/lib/libicui18n.66.dylib
Application runner:Application system:managedqueue output: #33 (no task): Referenced from: /usr/local/bin/node

My merge request tried to fix WebHare not figuring out it had to rebuild libicu related problems

This is node itself being broken, node -v will also fail for you, but this is up to homebrew to fix.